Saturday, July 4, 2009

Karen's quilt

Over the last several years, I've been trying to get my sister to quilt. Despite great artistic abilities, she lacks confidence and has a nasty habit of wanting everything to be just right. We live in diferent states, so my encouragement has had to be via phone and e-mail. Occasionaly we have a "class" when we are together. Every attempt to get her to relax and draw her into my quilt world has failed. Then comes my brother-in-law to the rescue, like a white knight entering to save the princess, he charges in bearing not a lance and trusty steed, but a top-of-the-line Bernina, classes at the local quilt shop and lots of "Go baby go!". Yes, he truly is a prince! She now has several tops under her belt, her latest pictured above, and yes she machine appliqued the letters- got to love a Bernina. She is still working on that machine quilting thing. But she is gaining more confidence and truly enjoying her new artistic outlet! Of course now I have to find something else to replace the years of quilt presents...hmmm fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment